spring

Sunday, October 2, 2011

Soft Gooey Caramel Popcorn!!!!

We had a family movie night this weekend and I wanted to make something new. Beau mentioned caramel corn, but we didn't have a recipe. The solution...google it! I've never been a fan of crunchy caramel corn, always preferring it to be soft and gooey. So that's what I searched for and found a ton of recipes. I weeded through them, immediately throwing out some because I didn't have the main ingredient, corn syrup. Then I found the perfect recipe on food.com and it turned out great! Pretty easy to make and everyone loved it, tho Emily thought it was a little sweet and Belle wanted more "sugar" on it!


Ingredients:
  • 1/2 cup popcorn
  • 1/2 cup butter
  • 1/2 cup brown sugar, packed
  • 10 large marshmallows

Directions:
  • Pop the popcorn and set aside.
  • Melt butter and brown sugar together in medium saucepan, over low to medium heat. Stir this a lot so it doesn't burn.
  • Add marshmallows and stir until melted, stir constantly until everything is incorporated into a smooth caramel. Keep a close eye on it!
  • Pour over popcorn and stir until mixed.

1 comment:

  1. This is such a creative snack idea! I love that its something different than the norm and that it’s probably a good source of fiber. I’m always on the look out for good tasting, fiber-rich foods to add to my day.You know more about the Caramel Popcorn visit at Caramel Popcorn

    ReplyDelete