When Belle was in pre-school, the teachers would request homemade playdough for the classroom. They would give the recipe, and the color they needed, then the parents would make it and bring it to school. I decided that I could definitely do this for the classroom! I have not bought playdough since, as we all love the homemade better than the store-bought. I also like the fact that if a bit gets eaten, by Andy, it's totally fine! This recipe gives a good amount of playdough; enough for a decent amounts for each of my kiddos. It also is super soft and stays soft for months. Enjoy!
Ingredients:
2 cups flour
1 cup salt
2 Tbsp oil
2Tbsp Cream of Tartar
Food Coloring
2 cups boiling water (water must be boiling or the recipe will not work)
Directions:
Mix dry ingredients together.
Add boiling water and oil.
Stir together, then knead together when a bit cooler.
Add food coloring after ingredients are mixed together.
WARNING: you will be dealing with hot playdough, and your hands may get stained by the food color! I had a splotch of pink on my hand for a couple days!

No comments:
Post a Comment