spring

Friday, October 28, 2011

Peanut Butter Pretzel Bites

While surfing around on my favorite new obsession, Pinterest, I found these yummy looking snacks and I knew they would be a bit hit!! Though I did find a couple problems with them: their a bit time consuming and putsy to make, and they are highly addictive. Here's the recipe, my friends, enjoy! And please don't blame me for the extra calories that you will consume if you make these!

I forgot to take a pict until only 1 was left so this is from the original blog.

1 cup creamy peanut butter
2 tsp butter at room temperature
2/3 cup powdered sugar
3/4 cup light brown sugar
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
bag of small pretzels
2 cups bittersweet chocolate chips

In a small bowl, beat the peanut butter and butter together until smooth and creamy. Beat in the sugars and vanilla extract until well mixed - you may need to add more powdered sugar to get the filling thick and stiff enough to hold its shape.

Roll teaspoons of the peanut butter mixture between your palms for form balls. Sandwich the PB ball between 2 pretzels and put on a cookie sheet. Freeze the pretzel sandwiches for about half an hour.

Melt the chocolate chips, using the microwave (30 second intervals) or a double boiler. Dip half of each pretzel sandwich in chocolate. (I acutally used a frosting spatula and spread the chocolate on as dipping made it look uneven.) Return the cookie sheet to the freezer and chill until chocolate sets. Store the Peanut Butter Pretzel Bites in the refrigertator until serving time.

Makes about 45-60 sandwiches depending on how much PB mixture you put in the sandwich.

Belle wanted a picture of her taking the last one!!

The original blog that the recipe is on can be found here: 17 and Baking



No comments:

Post a Comment