spring

Thursday, September 29, 2011

Pumpkin Muffins

I'm always looking for new ideas for the girls cold lunches, and when Emily was in 1st grade I came across this super easy recipe for Pumpkin Muffins. I can't remember if my sister gave the recipe to me or I gave it to her, but we both make it, and all the kids like them! These muffins, and just about any other type of muffin, have become a staple in Em's lunches, and give an extra bit of fruit as well!

Here's what you need:
  • a spice cake mix
  • 1 can of pumpkin
  • chocolate chips
Directions:
  • Mix pumpkin puree and cake mix together with a mixer.
  • Add as many chocolate chips as you'd like and stir in.
  • Spoon into muffin tins.
  • Bake at 350 for 18-20 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.

Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. I found out about this recipe about a year ago, and absolutely love it. The only difference is that I was told to make it into cookies; it works the same way, except drop it in spoonfuls onto a baking sheet. It tends to be our go-to for a quick, easy desert if we are having a party. In fact, I'm making up a batch right now for the first day of my dissertation writing group tomorrow :-)

    ReplyDelete