spring

Thursday, September 22, 2011

New Recipe: Roasted New Potatoes

Since I am now a full-time Stay-at-Home-Mom, I've greatly enjoyed reading blogs and looking for new recipes to make for my family. Earlier in the week we had dinner at Boston Market (awesome coupon for 2 free kids meals with an adult meal) and Beau got the new potatoes which he's always really liked. Well, they weren't quite cooked through this time, and the potatoes were quite hard. When I was planning this week's meals I wanted to find a recipe for new potatoes...and I found one! They turned out soft on the outside, with a nice texture to the skin and sides. Definitely something I will make again.
This was our leftovers!

Ingredients:

1 1/2 lb of new potatoes (red or yellow skinned), cleaned, cut in half or quarters
2 Tbsp olive oil
2 cloves garlic, minced
1-2 teaspoons fresh rosemary (or dried is fine too.)
1/4 teaspoon salt
pepper to taste

Directions:

Preheat oven to 450°F. 

Place potatoes in a mixing bowl. Sprinkle on salt and pepper. Add olive oil, rosemary, and garlic. Toss until potatoes are well coated.

Spread potatoes out on a single layer of a baking pan. Roast for 40 minutes, or until potatoes are cooked through and browned. Serve immediately.

Serves 4-6.




No comments:

Post a Comment