spring

Saturday, January 28, 2012

Lasagna Soup

While cruising around on Pinterest, I found a couple recipes that sounded really good and different from the regular meals I make: Lasagna Soup. I then found a "lighter" version of it by Paula Deen's boys. I worked off the lighter version, and made some modifications. Their original recipe can be found here: The Deen Brothers. The recipe I've listed below includes most of their version, with my changes included. If you decide to make it, let me know what you think, and if you make any changes of your own, let me know that as well. I'm always looking for ways to improve already good food!



Ingredients:
2 teaspoons olive oil
3/4 pound Italian sausage, casings removed
1/2 white onion, chopped
1 tsp chopped garlic
1 (32-ounce) container chicken broth
1 (15-ounce) can tomato sauce
1 (14 1/2-ounce) can petite diced tomatoes
1/2 teaspoon salt
4 cups egg noodles (measured loosely dry, before adding)
2 tsp Italian seasoning
3 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese

Instructions:
Heat the oil over medium-high heat in a large nonstick saucepot or Dutch oven. Add the sausage, onion, and garlic. Cook over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally, until the sausage is crumbled and browned, 8 – 10 minutes.

Add the broth, tomato sauce, diced tomatoes, Italian seasoning and salt. Bring to a boil. Reduce the heat and simmer, stirring occasionally, until the flavors are blended, about 20 minutes. Add the noodles; bring to a boil. Reduce the heat and simmer, uncovered, stirring occasionally, until the soup thickens slightly and the noodles are tender, 10 – 12 minutes. Remove from the heat; stir in mozzarella, and the Parmesan. 

Serve with the french bread. 


No comments:

Post a Comment